Have you ever used writing prompts?
My friend and I were using some this past Monday night when I realized I should make some prompts to use in my prayer time with my prayer journal. I just got this cute notebook last week and it’s been working great as a prayer journal. It has three different sections. The first section I’ve dedicated to prayer requests and answered prayers, the second section is for Bible verses, and the last section is for written prayers.
If you are like me and want to improve your prayer life too, I would definitely encourage you to find a notebook to dedicate to prayer. It’s helping me already! If you are new to prayer journaling or you need some fresh ideas…keep reading! The following prompts can be used in your prayer time, whether written or spoken -it’s totally up to you.
31 Prompts for Your Prayer Time
1) Your goals and plans for this month (What do you hope to accomplish this month? Ask God to help you align your goals and plans with His.)
2) A sin (or sins) you need to confess
3) A person you have a hard time loving
4) A prayer to your Heavenly Father from His daughter -you! (God is your Heavenly Father, say or write a prayer to Him as a daughter to her loving Father.)
5) Three decisions you need to make
6) A prayer for your church
7) Someone who needs salvation
8) Our government and political leaders
9) A miracle you want to see God perform
10) A friend who needs prayer
11) Your future husband
12) A fruit of the Spirit you are lacking
13) A prayer for your family members
14) Something you feel guilty about
15) Boldness to shine for Him
16) Something that is on your heart and mind today
17) Something you need
18) Someone who is sick or elderly
19) A fear you need to face
20) A prayer for your pastor
21) Something that makes you angry or bitter
22) Your worries for today, this week, or this month
23) A missionary family
24) A foreign mission field
25) A prayer using Scripture
26) A prayer for someone in need
27) A thank you for Salvation and Christ’s resurrection (March 27 is Easter Sunday!)
28) A prayer for your role model
29) An area of your life that needs victory
30) Something you need to do
31) Anything you want to talk to God about today (It’s the last day… Just chat with God!)
How I am using these prayer Prompts
Starting on March 1st (that’s this coming Tuesday!) I am going to challenge myself to pray everyday using these prompts. March has 31 days which is why I came up with 31 prompts. Even if I don’t write all my prayers, I can still use these prompts in my spoken prayers or the ones I just simply say in my head. Would you like to join me?
Here is a special image with all 31 prompts to “pin” or save to your device. Feel free to share it with others! (You can find a printable on my resources page as well.)
- Do you like to write your prayers?
- Do you plan to use these prompts this coming month?
Feel free to share your answers in the comments! I ♥ hearing from my readers!