I apologize for no blog post last Thursday – I had one all ready to go, but for some reason it never published! So you can come back next Thursday to read it! 🙂
I can’t believe it’s already April, but I am definitely loving the spring weather. It had been so cold around here – but the snow finally melted away. It’s about time. 🙂 Life has been busy as usual… but thankfully I feel more on top of things lately. It’s a good feeling!
Here is what I’ve been up to…
- Wedding dress shopping. I’ve been visiting the local shops getting a feel for prices, styles, etc. I did find the bridesmaids’ dresses already and I am so pleased with them, not to mention that my bridesmaids love them!
- Learning to balance. Work, blogging, planning, and staying on top of my normal responsibilities is a constant balancing act. For most people it would be no big deal, but I am not the best at life management. 😉
- Reading. Finally! I am so happy to be making time for books again. A lot of the books I’m reading are related to marriage/being a wife. I’m enjoying the good books I’m reading, and maybe I will share them with you all sometime. (Okay my favorite so far is this one!)
- Preparing for something new. I’m excited to be introducing something new here on the blog. I’ve been slow at getting it all together, but it’s slowly but surely coming along!
- And… looking back over my goals for March, I didn’t do too bad! The one I’m still struggling with the most is health and fitness. So, I definitely need to keep working on that one.
So, here are my goals for this month!
April Goals 2017
- Stay on top of my planning. I have been using my planner on a weekly and (almost) daily basis now. Using a planner is super helpful when it comes to remembering everything. I started making weekly lists and daily lists and my productivity level has definitely increased as a result. I tend to procrastinate, so looking at my list helps me plan and work ahead instead of waiting until the last minute.
- Exercise by taking the stairs. I learned (when reading this book) that taking the stairs burns a crazy amount of calories. I’ve tried it and it’s quite a workout! It’s very effective for the small amount of time needed. Because it’s so simple, I’m going to begin increasing my exercise this month starting with our basement staircase. 🙂 My goal is 5-10 minutes 4x a week.
- Drink more water. Yikes. This is making it to my goal list again. I don’t know why something so simple is so hard! Starting out small, I want to fill my water bottle each morning and add lemon juice and stevia. This makes a drink so yummy that I usually chug it!
- Go yard sale “shopping”. It’s yard sale season in my area, so I am excited to go hunting for bargains. I’ll be making a list soon of all the things I hope to find for our future home. Some things on the top of my list are a Ninja (or a food processor) and a good crock pot! (Oh, and white Christmas lights for the wedding!)
- Visit local craft shops. A friend of mine told me about a discount craft store right in my town that sounds too good to be true! I need supplies for some DIY wedding decor so I hope I to visit soon. (During this whole wedding planning process I’m falling in love with white tulle and sparkly lights!) There is another craft store I hope to visit again too. I am itching to go. I just need a free afternoon…
- Make headway on my blog project. So I’ve had this idea in the back of my mind for several months and I finally started working on it a few weeks ago… Like I said, it’s slowly coming together. My goal is to make a list of all the steps I need to take till it’s completed and go from there. Sorry to keep you all guessing! 😉
That’s About All
I hope to do a few other things as well… like add more recipes to my recipe binder, and finish reading some books. How about you? What have you been up to and what do you hope to accomplish this month? Feel free to share in the comments below! 🙂
(P.S. This post does contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase I will receive a small commission. The earnings will be going towards the wedding and items we need for our home. 🙂 )
(P.P.S. Have you ever visited my Books To Read page?)