Is it really May? Already? April flew by really fast- and things just keep getting busier!! But thank goodness I’ve been learning to “roll with it” a little bit better. I’m going to jump right into my goals today – here is what I wanted to accomplish last month, and here’s how it went…
- Stay on top of my planning – Last month I did a much better job keeping track of things. I kept a weekly to-do list and then created each of my daily lists based off of what I needed to accomplish that week (plus anything else that came up in the meantime). It was a big productivity boost for me!
- Exercise by taking the stairs – I didn’t get to do this 4x a week, but I did fit it in here and there. It really is a quick and effective workout. (It’s boring so I usually listen to something or watch videos on my iPad while I climb up and down.) 🙂
- Drink more water – I’m getting there. Some days I drink a lot of water, other days I forget and only manage a few sips. When I am with my fiance’, he reminds me to drink water and that helps a LOT. 😉
- Go yard sale “shopping” – Done! I got to go the other weekend with my parents. It was a lot of fun being with them both (I get sentimental sometimes knowing I’m soon moving on!). I was super happy to find a comfy pair of black flats, a couple things for the wedding, and some other random treasures. I’m looking forward to the next free Saturday that I can go again!
- Visit local crafts shops – also done! My best friend and I had a blast exploring a large craft warehouse in our area. We didn’t buy a thing but we took pictures and made mental notes about the items we need for the wedding. I also got to visit a new-ish craft shop with my mom.
- Make headway on my blog project – And… the ball is rolling. You will be hearing more very soon!
Before I share this month’s goals, let me just say, the Proverb’s 31 Woman is definitely one of my top role models. I love how she manages everything so well. This month I want to follow her example of rising early, being productive and industrious, and being a strong woman, physically, emotionally, and mentally. With that being said, here are my goals for the lovely, beautiful, and busy month of May!
My Goals for May
- Continue to use my planner and stay on top of things. No explanation needed here. Let me just say that when I plan things out properly, things get done and I stop feeling like such a failure in the area of time management!
- Use my mornings and evenings wisely. I might begin working full time at my brother’s warehouse this month. Whether that happens or not, my mornings and evenings are very valuable. Thankfully, I’ve been training my body to go to bed and get up at the same time each day. I feel much better as a result, and I have been a whole lot more productive too. Some evenings I have a really hard time getting things done, so I want to work on that as well.
- Find shoes for the wedding. The bridesmaid dresses are ordered, and my dress is being altered, now we just need to find our shoes! I know exactly what I want for myself and the bridesmaids, we just need to go out shopping and find them!
- Organize my Sunday School material. I recently finished going through the book The 21 Tenets of Biblical Femininity in my Sunday School class. Now we are doing a new series, but I have lots of papers and notes that need organized and filed away for future use. Speaking of my Sunday School class, there is also a fun activity planned for them this month. 🙂
- Plan and cook 2 meals a week. My mom has been trying to get me cooking more often (I wonder why 😉 ) and it just hasn’t been happening. I need to plan these meals into my week and get busy cooking! Since I work away from home about 3 days out of the week, crock pot meals are my favorite! (If you have any really good crock pot recipes, please let me know in the comments!)
- Finish my blogging project and share it with everyone! I am soooo exciting about the project I’ve been working on! It’s coming together and I hope to finish and release it this month. 🙂 Keep watching the blog for it!
That’s Almost Everything
There are a few more things happening this month, as well as some things I want to get done. We are traveling south for my fiance’s graduation ceremony (Woohoo! I can’t wait to see my Handsome Man graduate – I am SO proud of him!). I hope to take advantage of the 10 hour drive to get some reading (and maybe some writing) finished. I really need to work ahead for the coming months. There are Sunday School lessons, blog posts, and VBS preparation that needs done – and if I can get those things done ahead of time it will be a HUGE help. Anyways… enough about me already!
What About YOU?
How did April go for you? What are your plans for this month? Do you have any goals for the month of May?
I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment in the comment section! 🙂