I hope you had a happy 4th of July! 🙂 The summer is in full swing and it’s been good so far.
June was a busy, fun, stressful, productive, sweet, and happy month – all in one. It was full of phone calls, visits, appointments, work days, shopping, dates, and so much more! I know July is going to be another busy month, but I am looking forward to everything that’s going to take place. Here are some of the goals that were accomplished in June… and following that are my goals for the month of July.
- I started working on a fun project. I’ve had a list of various projects I’ve been wanting to do for a looong time. One of those projects finally got started last month and it’s coming together super well.
- I got my wedding shoes! Woohoo! I didn’t get glittery white shoes like I planned… but I am really happy with the simple white ballet flats I found instead.
- The wedding invitations were designed. I ended up designing our wedding invitations after all! I’m really pleased with how they turned out… now to get them printed…
- All the wedding flowers were ordered. When I visited the florist and saw the flowers put together (especially for my bouquet) I couldn’t believe how pretty they looked! That was one of my favorite moments in all the wedding planning so far! To see everything coming together makes me so happy! 🙂
- I got to spend more time with my Mom. The two of us have always been really close, and I love spending time with my mom. From our late night chats to shopping trips and evening (or morning) walks… I will always treasure the time we’ve spent together.
- I was able to visit my “little guy”. My last day for babysitting was back in May, and I finally got to visit my little guy and his baby brother a couple of weeks ago. Will was so excited to see us coming – it made my day to hear him calling my name as he watched us coming up to the house. It was a fun evening spent reading books, holding the new baby, and chatting with his parents. I miss their family but I am so grateful for that special evening to visit them.
June was definitely a fun and productive month. Adam and I had some really fun dates, things got done, and my brother even took me to the mall for fun afternoon of shopping. There were a few rough days during the month, but all in all… it was pretty great 🙂 Here’s what’s on my agenda for the month of July…
Goals for July
- Wedding Invitations. Even though they’ve been designed… I still need to get them printed and mailed. It’s going to be a big project but I am looking forward to that sweet feeling of accomplishment once each one is mailed out.
- Vacation Bible School. Our church has VBS this month and I am one of the teachers. I am definitely behind schedule this year… but I feel like I have a good handle on it since I’ve taught this class once before.
- Take Pictures of My Bedroom. You’re probably thinking… “What?!?” But these pictures are for sentimental reasons. Before I start packing things up I want to get some good pictures of this special room that has been mine since I was four years old!
- Get More Sleep. I feel so behind in sleep these days. I’m always waking up in the mornings wishing I could just sleep a bit longer. Since I am constantly feeling so tired, it’s probably stress and diet-related, but I do know that I need more sleep than I have been getting. So… this month I am going to try to work on that. 🙂
- Read a Book – Just for the Fun of It. I haven’t finished a book in months… and it’s been even longer since I’ve read a book just for the fun of it. So, this month my goal is to find a book to read for leisure and just enjoy it. Even if I don’t finish the book, that’s okay. I just want to spend some time reading! Any good book recommendations? Please share them in the comments! 🙂
There are a bunch of other random things I would love to accomplish this month, but the list above is what I want to focus on first. My brother has graciously given me some extra time off from work – which I needed. So, I am enjoying catching up on some to-do’s this week.
A Quote and a Verse for July
There has been a Bible verse on my mind lately that I keep going back to. I am thinking about making it my theme verse for the month of July. With all the busyness and activity going on I sometimes forget to be still and spend time with the Lord. At certain times life feels anything but peaceful. The verse that I keep going back to is Isaiah 26:3:
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3
It’s such a wonderful reminder that if I keep my mind and heart focused on the Lord, my heart will be filled with His peace.
And just today I was reminded of one of my favorite quotes from my favorite devotional book, Deep Fire. I read this quote last summer, and I think I should read this at least once a week! 🙂 Here it is:
“Live one day at a time. You can plan for tomorrow and hope for the future, but don’t live in it. Live this day well, and tomorrow’s strength will come tomorrow.” – Charles W. Shedd
What a wonderful reminder for all of us. I hope the verse and this quote will be an encouragement to all of you this month!
How About You?
How was your month of June? What’s on your agenda for this month? Any trips, interesting plans, or special goals? I would love to hear about it in the comments! 🙂
See you on here next Thursday!