Last week I was thinking about my upcoming blog posts, and posts that I’ve published in the past. Many of you have commented that you enjoy reading my “monthly goals” (I shared several of those last year). With that in mind, I’ve decided to do something a little bit different at the beginning of each month. This year, I decided to share monthly to-do lists. I will save my personal goal lists for the beginning of January. 😉
→ If you haven’t read this year’s goal list, CLICK HERE.
Since, it’s February, everything this month is about… love! (Don’t worry – it’s not going to be super sappy stuff!)
In the following list you will find 10 things to do this month – each one is a fun and simple challenge to try that will stretch you in a new way. And guess what? My goal is to do all of these things with you! Next month, when March’s list pops up, I want to hear what you accomplished from this list too! I’m really excited so let’s get started! *excitedly clapping my hands* 🙂
February To-Do List
1. Study the Book of Ruth
It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and the Biblical story of Ruth and Boaz is one of the sweetest love stories you’ll ever read. This isn’t some sappy happy love story – this is a very real, historical account of true love. True love isn’t all about love letters, roses, and heart-shaped chocolates (although those things are still nice!). True Biblical love takes both sacrifice and life-long commitment…. and you’ll find that in the story of Ruth and Boaz.
That’s why, for the month of February, I’m going to be studying this little, Old Testament, book, and the character of Ruth. I want to learn all I can about this virtuous woman and her love story with Boaz!
Want to Join Me? Here are some ways to study the book of Ruth this month!
- Read 1-2 chapters of Ruth each day (you will read this book several times in one month).
- Use a Study Bible to get more insight into what you’re reading.
- Use a book or devotional as a companion guide (I’ll be giving this book a try).
I also hope to watch this movie which is about the story of Ruth! 🙂 I’m looking forward to all that I will learn about Ruth this month! Are you in?
2. Memorize a Verse on Love
God’s Word is chock full of verses about love. The book of 1 John is especially loaded with verses about loving God and others. This month let’s choose one of the following verses to memorize by heart:
- Ephesians 5:2
- Colossians 3:14
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- 1 Peter 4:8
- 1 John 3:11
- 1 John 3:18
- 1 John 4:7-8
- 1 John 4:11
Which one of these verses will you commit to memory this month?
3. Read a Book About Love
I love reading a good book on love! 😉 Last week I even wrote a post with several great books on love for women (you can read that post here). I would encourage you to choose one and read it through this month!
Since I’ve already read the books on that list, I decided to choose two new ones to read (one that’s fictional and one that’s not!):
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas and…
- The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin (a fictional, war-time love story)
4. Write an “I Love You” Note or Letter
Hand-written letters and notes are becoming a thing of the past – but they mean so much more than a text! This month, write to someone you love… whether it’s your man, a parent, sibling, or best friend. Take the time to tell someone how much you appreciate them!
Check out these super cute note cards on Amazon!
5. Bake a Healthy Sweet Treat
I don’t know about you – but I’ve had plenty of refined sweets and sugars in the last couple of months. I’m ready for a break from all the refined bake goods. This month I am looking forward to baking a healthier dessert recipe that’s is oh so good. My healthier sweet treat of choice is Secretly Healthy Brownies from the Chocolate Covered Katie Cookbook! Made with coconut flour, ground flax seeds, coconut oil, and other healthy ingredients, these are a delicious treat!
Do you have any healthy dessert recipes that you love? ♥ Please share them in the comments!
6. Celebrate Valentine’s Day
Whether you spend Valentine’s Day with a significant other, a close friend, or family members… I hope you truly enjoy this unique and special holiday.
As children of God, we’ve been blessed with an everlasting love from our Heavenly Father… why not celebrate that perfect and unfailing love? There are so many ways we can celebrate and enjoy this special holiday…. here are just a few ideas:
- During your devotions, focus on love. Read Scripture verses that talk about the love God has for us, and verses that show us how we are supposed to love others (1 Corinthians chapter 13!)
- Spend time in prayer. No one loves us like our Heavenly Father. Spend time in prayer thanking God for His love for you.
- Do something special for some else. Give someone a Valentine, bake a sweet treat (like I mentioned above!), give someone a call… take advantage of this special day to show someone your love.
- Fellowship. This year, Valentine’s Day is on a Wednesday. Why not go to the weekly prayer meeting at your local church? Most churches have one during the week. Spend time fellow shipping with other like-minded believers. Or take advantage of a weekend and invite some friends over for fun and fellowship. It’s little things like this that show other that we care!
Whatever you decide to do… take advantage of the sweet holiday of Valentine’s Day to celebrate the love God has for you – and take the time to love others!
7. Do Something “Heart-Healthy”
It’s still winter time, and it’s only one-month post holidays. So, do something this month that is “heart-healthy”… your body will thank you! Go outside for a brisk walk (ask a friend to join you!), eat your healthy fats, or do an indoor workout. We only have one body, and it’s the body that God has given us… so we better take good care of it!
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
I can’t wait to read and respond to your thoughts and comments!
P.S. Oops! Last Thursday’s blog post didn’t publish while I was away. Visit the blog this Thursday for a new post!